DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

05/08/2015

WIP Wednesday

I made some progress on my Cecily Twinset this week; you'll have to take my word for it though because it looks exactly the same as last week:

I have added at least 2 inches.  It feels like I knit, and knit, and knit some more and the sweater just stays the same size.

I am also well on my way to having a second sock:
This pattern is written up and has been tech edited. It is currently with some of the best test knitters on the planet and should be available by the end of the month.

Also this week I have learned that Hitchhikers are addictive:
This is a very meditative, calming knit. It's also super quick and gives me the instant gratification that I am not getting from the sweater.

And I knit a quick market bag:
Excuse all my ends that are hanging out, I have not blocked it or woven in any ends yet.  This market bag is special...it has a hidden pocket for stashing your phone or wallet or some cash.  Very clever.  And when you are not using it as a bag, it folds into itself like this:

Ta-da!  Cool, right?  Again, please excuse my ends.  It also needs a button.  This  bag turned out much larger than I thought.  I wanted it to fit easily in my purse when it is folded up but at this size I would need a bigger purse.  My goal now is to re-work it so it uses only 100 grams of yarn (instead of 160 grams) and is a smaller package when folded up.  This would be great at the beach, grocery store, farmers' market and as holiday gifts.  I have lots of cotton in my stash, so I might make a few of them - after I get the dimensions right.
Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment