DanaGervaisDesigns

Living the Knit Life

19/12/2016

Can We Talk About Self Care For A Moment?

This is one of the craziest weeks of the year.  In addition to all the things that have to be done in a typical week, there is a whole layer of Christmas related things to get done.

It can be overwhelming.  Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, everything is just so much busier and more hectic right now that even the most routine tasks seem to take longer and require more patience.

It doesn't help that we've had to stop everything to shovel snow several times in the past 5 days and we are having new floors installed in our basement this week (I don't know what we were thinking when we booked that).

This week, I'm resolving to be extra gentle and forgiving with myself.  It's ok if I purchase frozen meals for my family a few times this week.  It's ok if I good to bed 1/2 and hour early with a good book.  It's ok if all of the gifts aren't beautifully wrapped like all the gifts I see on Pinterest. It's ok that the kittens have destroyed our tree and there are no ornaments left on the bottom half of it.   It's ok if I get a little behind with the laundry.

I will make time every day this week for some mindless knitting.  I will find time for a long soak in a hot bath this week.  I will ask my husband and kids to help out a bit more with the housework this week.

What are you doing to take care of yourself this week?


Pin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment